PEDIATRIC DENTAL SPECIALIST, SYDNEY
Children’s Dental Care
- Tips on healthy diet like avoiding lollies and sugary drinks.
- Brushing techniques.
- Tap water contains fluoride which protect the teeth.
- Fluoride treatments if necessary.
- Fissure sealants if there’s a high risk of cavities developing.
- Importance of regular dental check-ups throughout their life.
- When talking to your child or around your child about pediatric orthodontists in Sydney, be positive. Children learn a lot from the beliefs of their parents.
- Bring your child into the pediatric dental practice just to have a look around before their appointment or bring them with you when you or an older sibling is having a dental appointment so they can see what happens. Informal visits help to familiarise them with the surroundings.
- Arrive early for your child’s appointment. You don’t want to be in a rush, adding stress to the situation. By arriving five minutes early, your child can become familiar with the surroundings.
How our pediatric dental specialists differ from other dentists?
All dental specialists begin by completing dental school and continue their education with several years of additional, specialized training. During his training in dentistry for children, Dr. Mark Mann obtained considerable knowledge and experience in treating infants, children, and teens.
Pediatric dental specialists like Mark, enjoy working with children and because our dental office is geared toward young patients, children of all ages will receive gentle dental care in our fun and friendly environment.
What will take place during my child’s first visit to the dental pediatric in Coogee?
The initial appointment is typically brief and simple. In most cases, our focus is on getting to know your child and providing you with some basic information about their dental pediatric care. Mark will assess the placement and health of your child’s teeth and look for any potential problems with the gums and jaw.
If necessary, we may clean your child’s teeth. We also will answer any questions you have about caring for your child’s smile.
Why do baby teeth need special care?
You may be wondering why baby teeth are important as they don’t last as long as permanent teeth. Your child’s first teeth play a crucial role in development. While they’re in place, the primary teeth allow your child to speak, smile, and chew properly.
Baby teeth also hold space in the jaw for permanent teeth. If a child loses a tooth too soon (due to damage or decay), adjacent teeth may encroach on that space, which can lead to crooked or misplaced permanent teeth. Your child’s oral health also can affect their overall general health.
If you are looking for an infant dentist in Sydney, contact Total Dental Care today! Our Sydney pediatric dentistry has helped infants and growing children improve oral care.
When should I start using toothpaste to clean my child’s teeth?
Be sure that your child rinses and spits out the toothpaste after brushing. You should brush your children’s teeth until you see that they’re ready to take on that responsibility. That typically takes place by age 6 or 7.